Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku express won’t go to home page

My Roku Express ha worked no problem for months. Then one day I try it and it won’t get to home screen. It stays on the Screen with the roku letters bouncing. I reset it twice and each time it appeared to be back to normal until I tried to open a channel. It then went back to the bouncing letters.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku express won’t go to home page

Are you using the supplied power adapter or do you have it connected to your TV's USB port?  If the latter, use the supplied power adapter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with one of my Roku Express boxes. I'm using the supplied power cable and adapter, as well as the supplied HDMI cable. I've tried switching both cables (but not the power adapter itself) and the device is still stuck on the loading screen. After a while, it stops showing the loading screen and the screen just goes blank, with a solid white light on the box. I've reset it multiple times, but can't get it to load the home screen. Had this thing for about 2 weeks...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MarioRamalho 

Thanks for the post.

When trying to perform a factory reset on your device, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after trying the above, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos