Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku express with an older Samsung 1080p

I have an older Samsung dlp 1080p tv with a Roku express. When I turn the tv on the Roku doesn’t turn on unless I unplug the back of the Roku box. Thoughts???

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express with an older Samsung 1080p

Is the express powered from USB on TV or from wall?

Does TV support HDMI-CEC and is it enabled at TV

Express connected direct to HDMI on TV, not through a switcher box?

Express on HDMI 1 port on TV (some tvs don't offer all HDMI features on all ports)?

Part faulty HDMI cable, or not using one supplied with express?

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express with an older Samsung 1080p

@mmettelmann-

Roku operating system version 10.5, which is currently rolling out, has added a new "Power" item in the Settings > System menu for some of the latest Roku models. In my estimation, these power management options don't work very well.  If this is the cause of your problem, pressing the Roku remote's Home key should bring it to life without having to unplug the device.

If you have a "Settings > System > Power" menu item, under "Auto power savings" see if deactivating "After 20 minutes of no interaction" keeps the Roku from shutting down.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X