Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2connieg

Roku express+ setup with digital converter box

Roku Express +.  Trying to connect it via an analog to digital converter box using a composite cable.  Converter box is connected to tv, roku connected to converter box, but I cannot get any Roku screen toncome up on my tv.  I can't connect the Roku directly, because my TV won't accept all 3 of the composite cable ends (I know.....not explaining that well).  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
1zodiac
Roku Guru

Re: Roku express+ setup

been 20 years since i had a old tv and used RCA,so if i give misinformation...

you don't need all three.

one video and one audio for it to work.

in the tv menu,you need to change the input.

for even older tv's,tv channel 2 or 3,those may not have composite though.

0 Kudos
alb1964

Re: Roku express+ setup with digital converter box

hello did anyone help you on this?  i happen to have the same problem.  i have a digital converter box and wish to use the roku plus express, but i am unsure how to do it.  the only thing i can think of is to plug the hdmi cable from the roku device on to the digital converter box..  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@alb1964, you need to give us more information.  By "digital converter box" I assume you mean a box for receiving over the air (OTA) TV channels using an antenna.  If that box has an HDMI port on it it's most likely an output, so you can only connect it to a TV.  In general you need a TV with an HDMI input to use the current Roku products or you need a digital to analog converter between the Roku and the TV.

What's the make and model number of your TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

I have an old JVC TV and an original Zenith converter. No HDMIs but bought HDMI TO AV [roughly 4” x 2”] Have tried every which way… Thank You.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@4685, can you post a link to the converter you bought?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos