Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwinfrey27

Roku express not working on vizio tv

Roku express not working on vizio tv. I plug DVD player up and it works perfectly but roku won't work

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express not working on vizio tv

@pwinfrey27 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model Roku device are you using? How are connecting your Roku Express to your TV? If you are using a HDMI cable, have you tried using another port or another HDMI cable?

Please keep us posted and we will try to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eskimoqueen
Reel Rookie

I am having this same problem with a new Roku Express not working on Vizio XVT553V. If I do a device on the TV search it finds the Roku, but no matter which HDMI port I plug the Roku into, TV says "No Signal". Any ideas?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@eskimoqueen 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried using another HDMI cable to connect the device to your TV? Have you also tried connecting the device to another TV to see if the device is able to connect? If the device is able to connect to another TV, then it is likely an issue with the TV connection.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eskimoqueen
Reel Rookie

I have tried the device on another TV and it works. I assume it is an issue with the TV connection, but was hoping I could get some help troubleshooting it. If the TV can see the Roku, then it would seem that the connection is functional right? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@eskimoqueen 

Thanks for the update.

If the device works when using another TV, then it would appear that the issue lies within the TV connection or the TV itself.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sh4rkbyt3

I was having the same issue with a Roku+ Stick. The problem seems to be whatever switches and powers the HDMI ports on Vizio TV's specifically. It's not the Roku device(s)!

I had to unplug the Stick+ power and the TV power (from the wall). Then I held the All In One brand remote for TV power for 30 seconds to discharge the TVs capacitors I'm assuming? 

Plugged the Roku power back in first then the TV power. Plugged the Roku back into the TV powered on both and it worked, began updates, etc. 

I was afraid I would have to get another TV but this worked so that's money back into my pocket and everything works fine including power OFF/ON as well as Volume Control and Channel Changing. Hope this helps someone out from their frustration.

2x

Device works fine on my newer Sanyo tv but the older Vizio

0 Kudos
Maggie44

I tried this but it still says "no signal".  I replaced the cable with another and same result..."no signal".  How can I tell if the problem is with the roku device or the TV port.  Everything else works fine on the tv.

Maggie

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Maggie44, does the TV have multiple HDMI inputs?  Have you tried another one?  You say, "Everything else works fine on the tv", but does that mean you have other devices connected with an HDMI cable?  Do you have another TV you can try?

If you have an Express (as this thread implies) or any other Roku that uses a USB power supply, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.