Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gina-Pra
Reel Rookie

Roku express keeps returning to “Let’s get started”

I’ve just bought a roku express and am trying to set it up. Every time I put in the WiFi password it goes back to “let’s get started” and it keeps doing this. It’s just going round in circles 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express keeps returning to “Let’s get started”

A couple of things to try before you take it back for a replacement (which may be the easiest thing to do)...

Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  If you're already doing that or it doesn't help, find the pinhole reset button and with a paperclip or something similar press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected to the Express. 

You may have better luck getting through the initial setup using your phone's hotspot as the Wi-Fi connection.  Once you get through the setup try your Wi-Fi again.  If you still can't set it up, the last thing to try is a different HDMI cable even though it would seem to be completely unrelated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gina-Pra
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express keeps returning to “Let’s get started”

Thanks. I’ve tried all that and it’s still doing the same thing. 

0 Kudos