Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbear22

Roku express crashing during setup

#rokuexpress

Setting up new Roku express and it crashes when I select a wireless network and goes back to the beginning.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express crashing during setup

@Gbear22 

Before returning the device, try a Factory Reset. Hold the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds and try again.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
FREDDIEP

My rocu keeps crashing before it can do anything and this is my second one...  I had to get this one because the first one crashed...

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@FREDDIEP 

Since this thread is about Roku Express crashing, and you say it's a new device you have, that indicates you have a model 3930. Is that correct? It should be on the box somewhere.

The fact that two separate devices are having issues is very unusual. You said "keeps crashing" but it would be helpful if you described exactly what's happening.

Are you powering the device via the included power supply? What is happening on the screen when you power up the Roku? Describe what's happening.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos