Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamesss
Level 7

Roku express I have an account. Set up

I bought a Roku Express a year ago, established a Roku account, undoubtedly tried to set it up for use with my tv (Roku is plugged into electrical outlet and HDMI on tv) and have never used it because I think something went awry, probably with me.  So, there is no indication that my tv recognizes the Roku and i am looking for help in setting it up.  The instructions from Roku assume that I am doing an initial set up and describe how, when I plug the Roku in, set up will be initiated.  Confused yet?  I can provide more clarifying information if requested. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express I have an account. Set up

Unplug the power to the Express and plug it back in.  You should see a light on the front illuminate and possibly flash.   If you see a light, so far so good.  Next ensure both ends of the HDMI cable are inserted fully.  Now cycle through the  inputs on your TV.  The TV remote should have a button labeled Source or Input. or A/V or maybe something else.  Rokus always output something even whether or not the setup was completed.  Let us know how it goes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jamesss
Level 7

Re: Roku express I have an account. Set up

Thanks, renojim, for the quick and informative reply.  Fortunately, with my wife’s input, we discovered that it was activated and usable and that what I hadn’t done was go to the source and find Roku.  It works!  Thanks, again

0 Kudos