Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamesss
Level 7

Roku express I have an account. Set up

I bought a Roku Express a year ago, established a Roku account, undoubtedly tried to set it up for use with my tv (Roku is plugged into electrical outlet and HDMI on tv) and have never used it because I think something went awry, probably with me.  So, there is no indication that my tv recognizes the Roku and i am looking for help in setting it up.  The instructions from Roku assume that I am doing an initial set up and describe how, when I plug the Roku in, set up will be initiated.  Confused yet?  I can provide more clarifying information if requested. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku express I have an account. Set up

Unplug the power to the Express and plug it back in.  You should see a light on the front illuminate and possibly flash.   If you see a light, so far so good.  Next ensure both ends of the HDMI cable are inserted fully.  Now cycle through the  inputs on your TV.  The TV remote should have a button labeled Source or Input. or A/V or maybe something else.  Rokus always output something even whether or not the setup was completed.  Let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Jamesss
Level 7

Re: Roku express I have an account. Set up

Thanks, renojim, for the quick and informative reply.  Fortunately, with my wife’s input, we discovered that it was activated and usable and that what I hadn’t done was go to the source and find Roku.  It works!  Thanks, again

0 Kudos