Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku does not have direct tv as a cable provider?

Jump to solution

Go to the settings in diy network go app, the gear symbol, click on activate with provider, you should have a code listed, on your computer or cellphone go the address bar and enter watch.diynetwork.com/activate, you'll see ATT/ Directv in the first tile, follow the prompts.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Tepeteicca  Thanks for reaching out with this question. The good news is, the new device setup flow asks these questions to help you locate relevant channels, however, this does not impact your ability to use your TV provider to authenticate or log into channels that use this feature. This is simply a feature to assist in your setup.

You can still install any number of channels that are traditionally available via cable/satellite, such as HGTV, MTV, VH1, ABC, etc. and use your TV provider account credentials to log into these types of channels, when supported by the channel provider. Each streaming channel that allows TV provider authentication manages their own relationships independently with each TV provider, and chooses whether or not to allow users to authenticate their channel with that cable/satellite/TV subscription/service. You'd want to reach out to your TV provider directly if you have any additional questions, or follow up with any specific streaming channel provider for more information about supported TV providers. 

I will share your feedback with our team though regarding seeing DirecTV as an option during out setup flow.

Thanks,

Tanner 

No offense, but your answer reads like a foreign manual for putting together furniture. In other words, it makes no sense.

How about detailing a step-by-step process?

I setup my Express + tonight and this was my first question, as well. Why don't I get a 'satellite tv' icon on the Express + home menu like I do on my Roku TCL tv? On that set I just bounce from satellite(Directv) to netflix, to Prime, etc. Why not on the Express +?

I'm guessing you're going to tell me the 2 Roku versions are not the same. If so, W H Y ??? It's the main reason I bought the Express + to use with my older Panasonic plasma.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried your method which worked perfectly on my cell phone with HGTV GO but not on my TV with a Roku Ultra.  Like the others indicated, I entered Direct TV as my cable provider on initial setup.  After much frustration I went to the HGTV GO app on my Roku and entered the app, pressed the * and clicked the "sign out" which signs out with the specific channel and deactivates it with the Roku device.  Now click the sign in button and you will be given a code and web address to activate your Roku with your cable tv provider (i.e. Direct TV).  Use your cell phone or computer to enter the code provided and your cable provider.  Once you enter the code you will in this instance be activated for all Scripps Network channels (i.e. HGTV GO, DIY GO, Food Network, etc.).  Hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I read through the previous comments in this community group, with no luck.

Until a few weeks ago I was able to access my DirecTV cable channels using individual ROKU apps on my ROKU TV with no trouble, for example, SyFy and Hallmark.

Then, for no apparent reason, I began receiving error messages on each app: for the NBC channels (Bravo, SyFy, USA, etc.) the error code is: noAuthz - "Your TV subscription does not include this channel."

Using the Hallmark Channel app, the error message is: "We're sorry, but this content is not available in your current package." Both suggested I contact DirecTV.

Everything works fine on both my iPad and my iPhone, using the DirecTV app. 

These are the steps I've taken:

• I've unlinked and linked again each app from DirecTV
  • I've deleted and reinstalled each app. (with the appropriate authentications and from different devices.) After each, I received the message on the device saying that everything was ready to go.
  • I've verified that my internet connection works (I have Amazon Prime and Netflix)
  • I exchanged the TV for a new one this morning, but experienced the same problem (the TV is an onn 32")

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just an FYI.

I've tried everything you have over the past few weeks, even to the extent of exchanging the TV for a new one (it was still under warranty) but still receive error codes. I can access the channels using the DirectTV app on both my iPhone and my iPad, though.

0 Kudos