Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pl1880

Roku devices no longer working

I reduced my cable to broadband today and now my roku box and stick have stopped working. What's happened?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku devices no longer working

@Pl1880 

It is a possibility that the Roku devices are just having difficulty finding the new network.  You can either rename your new network to your old network credentials (wifi SSID network name and password), or try going into the Roku devices and Reset Network Connection. (this will disassociate from old Access Point (AP) and should establish new connection.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection)

---

Feel free to post back with an update.  Include your router model number and ISP, as well as some more details regarding your issue.  Roku model numbers (Settings/System/About), any errors you are seeing on screen, etc.  More detail, the better.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku devices no longer working

@Pl1880-

What did you mean by "stopped working"?  Roku can't find your network, or can't log onto it?  Roku loads but can't load selected channels?  Something else?

The streaming versions of many cable-type channels will only work if you are paying for their cable versions via a paid tv provider account (cable tv, satellite, etc) that carries them.  When you discontinue your paid tv provider account you are no longer paying for those channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos