Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ponder1
Level 7

Roku connect to Router RJ45 Ethernet then HDMI to non smart TV

Jump to solution

Hi...I am in a Motorhome with HDMI to two TV's that are not smart.  Want to see Roku on these two TV's and would like to use HDMI from my Router.  The Roku Ultra will connect to the router via ethernet I think, , then from the Ultra out via HDMI to the non smart TV's I hope.  Does this make sense?  Or am I better to go wireless from the router and install two Roku's one at each tv??  Thanks for any help...  Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku connect to Router RJ45 Ethernet then HDMI to non smart TV

Jump to solution

@Ponder1 

Thanks for the post.

I'm not quite sure I follow exactly what you're asking but I'll try my best to assist you. For clarification, if you have a Roku Ultra, can connect through ethernet to your router and then to the HDMI port on one of your TVs. Each TV will need a separate Roku device as each device will connect directly to the TV.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku connect to Router RJ45 Ethernet then HDMI to non smart TV

Jump to solution

@Ponder1 

Thanks for the post.

I'm not quite sure I follow exactly what you're asking but I'll try my best to assist you. For clarification, if you have a Roku Ultra, can connect through ethernet to your router and then to the HDMI port on one of your TVs. Each TV will need a separate Roku device as each device will connect directly to the TV.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos