Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Falkor

Roku buzzing sound

Hi, just got a new Roku express. Just from the beginning the sound is like a buzzer all the time. Any ideas? Tried restart and volume mode off 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku buzzing sound

@Falkor 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device making the sound or the remote? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device? Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Dany

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Falkor

The strange sound comes from the tv, but when I connect my computer to the same tv with the same hdmi cable the sound is perfect.

tried regular reset only

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Falkor 

Thanks for the update.

As suggested in my previous post, have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device as well as trying to connect the device into another HDMI port on the TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

See if any of the options under Settings > Audio clear this up.

Specifically, play around with the "Audio mode" and "HDMI" settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
acooker69
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku buzzing sound with Roku Streambar

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Falkor 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device making the sound or the remote? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device? Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

Thanks,
Dany

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Falkor 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Dany

Hello I’m having the same issue now with a intermittent buzzing sounds coming from my Roku Streambar, any fixes out there? I’ve tried adjusting all the setting nothing works. It does this with Apple TV Disney and Amazon and Hulu 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @acooker69,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

If this buzzing sound issue is not resolved with your Roku Streambar, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to check this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
acooker69
Reel Rookie

Hello 

my model number is 9102R

serial # YL00FF708283

acooker69

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @acooker69,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

HELP Re: Roku buzzing sound. Help!!!!

Hello- how do you do a reset on a TCL ROKU tv? I am not “techie”.  I have swapped out the HDMI cables with much price ones and eve. Tried different ports … still getting the buzzing sound.   Donor said to buy a Ground Loop Isolator,Isolation Transformer on Amazon so I have orders one and it showing be here this weekend.  I am ready to buy a new tv because the buzzing noise is insane!! My mom has an LG tv and she does not have this issue… wondering if the TCL is just a cheap tv but this one still cost me 500.00 so UGH!   HELP 

0 Kudos