Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William_L

Roku at at hotel

Jump to solution

I;m at a hotel while home is having some repairs. I have the new Ultra. They system is not allowing me to enter a password for the wifi; it goes straight to connection. Hhonors connection for you in the know. bottom of computer says "connected" also says " no internet" yet I'm on the internet.

Does anyone know how to go straight to settings, enter a wifi password, and go from there?

William L.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku at at hotel

Jump to solution

Many hotels, dorms, etc, are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser.  This establishes your connection for that device.

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you log in via your computer/phone/tablet as usual but you run it through the Roku instead of directly.

You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection. When you then log into the system's web page while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku at at hotel

Jump to solution

Many hotels, dorms, etc, are set up with a wifi system that you connect to by logging in on a web page via an internet web browser.  This establishes your connection for that device.

The Roku has no web browser. In order to log the Roku into the net's web page, you log in via your computer/phone/tablet as usual but you run it through the Roku instead of directly.

You do this by connecting your computer or mobile device to the Roku via a wifi-direct connection. When you then log into the system's web page while connecting through the Roku it establishes the Roku's connection.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Thealater

Re: Roku at at hotel - follow up

Jump to solution

Has anyone ever gotten actual help and not just canned responses?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku at at hotel - follow up

Jump to solution

@Thealater

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Please be aware that the thread that you have posted on is outdated. At this time, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread related to your issue, and if none exist, opening a new thread describing what you are experiencing.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos