Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku activation site looping back to input

Jump to solution

I’m trying to activate my Roku but the link site just loops back after I put in the code and asks for the code again. I get no error message. It just keeps looping. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone able to fix it?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku activation site looping back to input

Jump to solution

@Pete101 

Thanks for the note.

If you have any unused Roku devices on your account, we would recommend removing those and then trying to add the Roku TV onto your account.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Setup - Every time I enter the 4-digit Activation Code, it doesn't work

Jump to solution

@Kidrams 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you have any unused Roku devices on your account, we would recommend removing those and then trying to add the Roku TV onto your account.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Is this the web page you're talking about?  First of all, are you sure you're on the official Roku site:

https://my.roku.com/link

There are plenty of scam sites out there that try to mimic the real one and if anyone tries to tell you that you have to pay to activate your Roku he is a thief trying to steal your money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes I was on the real site. I have it bookmarked. I set up 13 TVs yesterday at a nursing facility and had no problem. When I went to put in the code for the first tv today, it kept looping back and asking for the activation code again and again. I thought that was weird so I installed a different Roku on a different tv and tried the activation link. Same problem. This makes me think there is an issue with the website. I’ll try it again tomorrow but today was just a huge bust. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@callen2310 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you still experiencing issues activating your devices/Roku TVs using https://my.roku.com/link? Have you also tried linking the devices by logging into the account on my.roku.com and scrolling down to the My linked devices and adding them using the +Link a device button? How many devices are currently linked to that Roku account?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes but it takes me to the page where you enter the link code. When I enter the link code it redirects right back to that page. It doesn’t matter how many Rokus I have. The website says I can have as many Rokus on my account as I want. I’m putting TVs into an assisted living facility. There are quite a few rooms here. Well over 100. But that should not be the issue.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@callen2310 

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a private message to assist you further with the issue that you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue since 4.9.20. I registered 6 other Roku TV's for an organization right in a row, the same day with no issues, then on the 6th TV the activation code loops. The field authenticates, because you will receive an error if the code is incorrect. I purposely entered the wrong code to test.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you please send me a PM to assist also. I have tried three browsers and devices, cleared cookies and tried internal account link devices link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with a new Roku TV.  Can you help me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Pete101 

Thanks for the note.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos