Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Wont Load

Roku stopped working.  Won't load past the purple screen with bouncing Roku letters.  I've tried resetting with a pin in the back and the reset sequence on the remote.  It sometimes lets me select a language,  then goes right back to purple screen. I've changed batteries in remote,  unplugged device and wifi several times.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku Wont Load

Step 1:  Are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?

If you're already doing that, try a different HDMI cable.

Level 7

I am using supplied cord.  I tried all ports and different tvs in the house.  I bought 2 new Roku Express and they immediately did the same thing.  My Roku were working for 3 months before this.  Im assuming something about my wifi is the problem,  however,  every other device in the house is working.  I plugged in Firestick in the same port with same wifi and it's working.  

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tracyxo 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos