Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra wont turn on.

Roku Ultra works fine then the next day It wont turn the remote  turns the TV on .I Have a Sony Bravia TV. Its connected thru ethernet  cable .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Ultra wont turn on.

There is no Roku power command, so Roku can not be off. The power button on the Roku remote is only a TV power button. It might be the hdmi cable that's bad, or you don't have it set to the right input? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@Tivoburkee wrote:

There is no Roku power command, so Roku can not be off. The power button on the Roku remote is only a TV power button. It might be the hdmi cable that's bad, or you don't have it set to the right input? 

Or the Roku USB cord could be plugged into the TV USB port for its power so the Roku does shut off along with the tv.  Many tv USB ports don't provide adequate power to operate a Roku reliably.  If plugged into the tv USB port I'd suggest plugging it into the wall with the original USB power converter.  If you don't have the original converter try one you may have on hand from another device, with a rated power output of at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Roku Ultra doesn't use any type of usb for power, it's at barrel connector that for sure there is no such cable that has that barrel connector on one end and some type of usb on the other so it can be plugged into a tv usb port for power. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Roku Ultra doesn't use any type of usb for power, it's at barrel connector that for sure there is no such cable that has that barrel connector on one end and some type of usb on the other so it can be plugged into a tv usb port for power. 

AHA!  Thanks for that.  The 3 units I'm using all came with normal phone-type USB 1.0 amp chargers.  I wish this information was readily available for easy reference somewhere.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos