Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra will not complete set up

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra HD. I purchased a few months ago and bought one too many. Getting around to set it up and it stops at the set language screen, then flips to pairing screen. I have gone through all the re-pairing steps and tried resetting using the reset on bottom of Roku Ultra. I tried using the remote that came with defective unit with a known good Roku Ultra I have,  it works fine. I took a known good remote and tried pairing with the defective unit, same results still will not move past pairing screen. When I reset the Roku Ultra, I held down reset button until it went to the Roku screen, then released reset button (tried multiple times). Still no luck. It has an pulsing purple light (two blinks) about every 1.5 seconds. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra will not complete set up

Jump to solution

I may have held it down for that long, but I can no longer try as a warranty replacement was granted. Thanks for the suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

When you hold down the reset button, hold it down for a good 30 seconds ignoring anything happening onscreen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I may have held it down for that long, but I can no longer try as a warranty replacement was granted. Thanks for the suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos