Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra plugged into a TCL Roku TV

I have a Roku Ultra that I am trying to use on a TCL Roky TV. The TV is my roomates, and I would rather not put in all my information on the that TV (payments,etc.) When I boot up the Roku Ultra, the boot up letters come on, then the screen goes black. One time, and one time only the next step to choose a connection type came on the screen, then went away. My Roku app won't find my Roku Ultra, only the TV. 

So is the problem that I am trying to hook the Roku Ultra up to an already Roku enabled TV. or is it somethingelse?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra plugged into a TCL Roku TV

Nah, I had an Ultra 4640 plugged into my Sharp Roku TV for about three months when I was living in a hotel long term. I took the Ultra with me, but decided I didn't care for the hotel TV so I went and bought the Sharp. Never an issue with the two, other than remembering which remote to grab. Smiley Very Happy

If you can, try your Ultra on a different TV and make sure it's working correctly. 

Your app won't see the Ultra until it's connected to the same network as the phone, either via WiFi or connecting an Ethernet cable.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra plugged into a TCL Roku TV

Thanks for the reply.

I hooked my Roku Ultra up to another tv and it worked fine. Brought it back to the otiginal TV I had issues with and it's back to the same problem. This time though, I synced my app with it while it was working on the other tv, but still once it boots up, all I get is the purple screen that says HDMI1 No Signal (is it on?) The white light on my Roku Ultra is on and staying solid. 

What next?

0 Kudos