Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Stuck on set up

Right ... thank you. Changing the adaptor plug and USB cable got it to set up.

I can't work out the ampage of the adaptor or cable, so not sure why it has worked. But it has.

I am now stuck with a short USB cable so if you know how to make sure a longer cable will work or not that would be great. Though I will just switch them through till I find a longer that works.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Stuck on set up

Brilliant - success!

Are the cables not interchangeable? It's the plug that's important, keep the plug and just try swapping to the longer cable.

The A rating is usually written on the plug in tiny tiny print that you can barely read. I use my phone to magnify it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra not setting up - getting thrown back to Let's Get Started

Got a Roku Express for our salon TV. Have been trying for a day to get passed the "connection" step. I have tried unplugging everything and rebooting. Tried different HDMI ports. It says its connecting fine to the wifi here. We are in a mall and using the mall wifi. I dont know what else to do. Everytime it connects to internet, does the software update, and then restarts back to select language for the 100th time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

My experience in solving the set-up centred on giving the Roku a mains power supply (not TV or off an extension cable). Had to play with different USB cables till I found a stable set-up.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have been using a main power supply. The last time I tried it with the USB on the TV. That didn't work anyways. I will try using different USB cables. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ash2006 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can setup your device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to the wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos