Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasondecker
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra no signal on Vizio TV 4k when power on

vizio 65 inch m65-e0 with roku ultra plugged directly into HDMI 1

i experience very similar issue. I can go weeks with no problems then suddenly tv will say no signal even though the roku is there. If I switch off uhd on the tv it will then display the roku - but of course only 1080p. Attempting to switch uhd on will then render the screen blank

cables are fine. Display and roku all updated. It’s a massive annoyance with the only work around I’ve found is to factory reset the tv. Anyone have any ideas outside of what’s been communicated here already?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra no signal on Vizio TV 4k when power on

Hey @jasondecker

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) - specifically when you are able to see your screen again from when you are not able to
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jasondecker
Reel Rookie

Hey,

thank you for responding

Device model 4800x-roku ultra

Serial# X010001HWLVF

Device ID S02A208HWLVF

Software version 10.0.0 build 4195-C2

my son has experienced it a couple times on YouTube version 2.20 build 93005141 but I’ve experienced it a few times myself with mlb.tv and just generally after booting up the device from overnight so I’m not sure it’s specific to any particular app

I certainly will follow the steps you indicated when it happens again - in regard to the home/back button 5 times  

if you or anyone else here has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them 

thanks again 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jasondecker

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the information that we have requested.

We have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I just bought a new Vizio 4 K last night, Roku played last  night and now it won't. I tried new cable (HD) 

Different inputs, hdmi 1, 2, 3, . 

The roku is blinking, but the TV stopped showing anything on screen. It's a Roku Ultra.

I also tried a Roku Stick. Nothing shows. 

TV is, Vizio M series Quantum M65Q6-J

0 Kudos
jasondecker
Reel Rookie

No idea if same as my tv but what I had to do in order to get the view back was to change the uhd from on to off on my TV - then I was able to see the roku again.

that’s my issue - it randomly seems capable of producing 4k/uhd then suddenly it will become incapable and I cannot see anything unless I remove the uhd in the tv settings itself. 1080p 

0 Kudos