Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruinstinks
Level 7

Roku Ultra factory resets itself

I have 2 Roku Ultras. I am setting up an outside living space with 3 TVs, and am using a Gofanco 4x4 matrix to selectively watch 4 different inputs. Both Rokus will go through the factory setup, I will get the activation link from the internet, it will set up channels, and I can select a channel, but when the channel comes up, the screen goes black, the Roku restarts and I have to redo the factory setup all over again. Has anyone else tried this? I have a matrix in my motorhome with a Roku 2 that woks fine.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra factory resets itself

@

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-how are you powering the Roku device

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos