Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fister
Level 7

Roku Ultra compatibility with LG tv ?

We've got 2 LG tv's, one upstairs and one downstairs.  The wife wanted access to AppleTV so we bought a Roku Ultra for upstairs.  We are able to watch AppleTV on that tv without any issues.
Wife bought a 2nd Roku Ultra to watch AppleTV on the LG tv downstairs but AppleTV would not stream.  It would start but it would hang up - video wouldn't show.

So... I brought the Roku Ultra from upstairs down to the downstairs tv to see if the other was a dud.  But it wouldn't stream AppleTV to the downstairs TV either.
For this reason I don't think it is an issue between Roku Ultra & AppleTV. 
I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Roku Ultra and this specific LG tv model (60UK6090PUA). 

Is there anything else I should be considering?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Re: Roku Ultra compatibility with LG tv ?

I used to have LG stuff and considered it Top quality at the time.

Perhaps the wifi signal downstairs is compromised. Is it much further from your Router?

Do both Ultra's perform on the upstairs TV?

Do other Channels work OK?

Do you have other things running on your wifi?

Have you tried lowering the resolution on your problem TV?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra compatibility with LG tv ?

@fister 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @boogernose mentioned, the first thing we would need to check is the device connectivity to your network. Are you able to stream other content on the device downstairs that is not Apple TV? If you are unable to stream any content to your device, then we would recommend checking out our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos