Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mdmm55
Level 8

Roku Ultra 4660 Working Slow

Jump to solution

Friends.

I am a newbie and need help in simple question.In my Android TV streaming Box,I installed a "Cache Files CLEANER",which I use when Android is slow and it makes Android fast.

I have installed several channels in my Raku Ultra but deleted those which I did not need.But I notice Raku is working slower than before deleting those channels.Kindly let me know any app to install to clean cache to make it fast like before.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku Ultra 4660 Working Slow

Jump to solution

Restarting a Roku device will perform any clean-up activities related to removing channels. If you've installed a high number of channels, we'd recommend removing any of these, then rebooting your device to see if this helps improve performance. If you've also installed any non-certified, private channels that were manually added to your account via a code, these unsupported channels can potentially cause unexpected issues. We'd recommend removing any of these types of channels as well.

You can also use the option of inserting a micro-SD card to expand channel memory storage, and help eliminate the reloading of channels on your device. See more here

As a last troubleshooting option, you might try performing a factory reset on your device to see if this resolves the issue. You can see the steps for this here.

Keep us posted if you need any further help! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Restarting a Roku device will perform any clean-up activities related to removing channels. If you've installed a high number of channels, we'd recommend removing any of these, then rebooting your device to see if this helps improve performance. If you've also installed any non-certified, private channels that were manually added to your account via a code, these unsupported channels can potentially cause unexpected issues. We'd recommend removing any of these types of channels as well.

You can also use the option of inserting a micro-SD card to expand channel memory storage, and help eliminate the reloading of channels on your device. See more here

As a last troubleshooting option, you might try performing a factory reset on your device to see if this resolves the issue. You can see the steps for this here.

Keep us posted if you need any further help! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
mdmm55
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD 

Sir.   Thank you for help. My Roku Ultra is working fast. My last question is about Mozilla Firefox Browser. I have installed Firefox from Raku Channels store.But when i open to typw any web address,i did not see any address tab and broweser page...Kindly hepl to get Firefox work.thank you
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Jump to solution

@mdmm55 wrote:
Sir.   Thank you for help. My Roku Ultra is working fast. My last question is about Mozilla Firefox Browser.
I have installed Firefox from Roku Channels store.But when i open to type any web address,
i did not see any address tab and browser page...Kindly help to get Firefox work.thank you

I wasn't aware of this channel, so I took a look at it on the Roku home page. This is not a browser for the Roku. It is instead something that connects to your Android device that is using the Firefox browser, and supports "casting" the browser window video to the Roku. You cannot type in a web address and browse on it.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos