Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbinwc

Roku Ultra 2022 - Cannot set up

New Ultra 2022 with Voice Pro remote having issues. After initial setup, remote response was severely lagging (5 seconds between button pushes) or was unresponsive altogether. Trying re-pairing remote multiple times. Eventually set Roku Ultra to factory defaults. Now it will not get past the set up, when pressing the remote pairing function. This is a simple setup. Roku Ultra 2022 connected to Vizio display, nothing else. Wifi is within 10 ft. Remote is rechargeable and is fully charged.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 2022 - Cannot set up

Hi @tbinwc,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Have you tried to restart your Roku remote using the steps below?

• Press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, then stop, then flash more rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote has restarted.
  • Wait at least 30 seconds to see if your remote establishes a connection with your Roku device. Confirm by pressing the voice button and looking for a status indicator on your TV screen.

If not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

You may also refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
cbosco76
Reel Rookie

This exact thing happened to me.  I am going to return this device.  None of the forums have been helpful in resolving this issue.
It’s quite frustrating that the rechargeable remote doesn’t have a way of performing a hard reset.  As a Christmas gift, this was a letdown.  It’s somewhat alarming factory defect is not isolated. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @cbosco76

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're experiencing? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cbosco76
Reel Rookie

When I first set up my Roku Ultra, I noticed that the remote would stop working for a second every 15 seconds or so, and the remote battery icon would show on the screen.  I let this go and continued setting up, although I found this to be an annoyance.  I noticed that the remote was flashing green in the back, so it seems that it was continually re-pairing.  I followed some suggestions online which included factory resetting the device.  After doing this, I was no longer able to pair the remote, even after holding the pair button for 30+ seconds. 
At this point, I went out and bought a new unit which began working fine.  I plan to return the original unit as defective, although I assume it was the remote.  It’s kind of frustrating that the new remotes are rechargeable and therefore none of recovery options involving pulling the batteries out apply.

It is interesting that my unit failed in the same way as the original poster.  The serial number of the unit with the defective remote is S0DA227WX7R5

0 Kudos