Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jason7613
Level 7

Roku Tv (TCL) and HDMI splitter help

Hi all,

I have a cable box for one tv and I am looking to split that via hdmi to a new Roku tcl tv. I have the splitter set up (cable box to splitter ‘in’ and one for each tv on ‘out’, on the right hdmi source and I’m getting an error on the Roku tv that says “HDMI 1 (Arc) No signal - is it connected”. I can’t figure out what I can be doing wrong and all of the cables are connected securely.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
37mediagroup
Level 9

Re: Roku Tv (TCL) and HDMI splitter help

HDMI Arc is a seperate input from a standard HDMI. Are you sure you are looking to use the Arc input?  Otherwise, try it on one of the regular (or other) HDMI inputs.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-arc-f ... 26262.html
0 Kudos
Jason7613
Level 7

Thanks for the reply - I had no idea that it was completely separate but I have tried another HDMI port to no avail.. Any ideas where I can get help on this issue? Thanks
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I believe this error message indicates that there's no HDMI signal coming from the splitter to the TV. Disregard what it says about ARC, as I don't believe you're trying to do anything with that. It's just identifying that port as the ARC-enabled one. I am assuming the second display is receiving a signal from the splitter. If so, try swapping the outputs to see if the TCL set works with that one. If it does, then it's the splitter. If it doesn't, there's something else going on. Perhaps a bad HDMI cable. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jason7613
Level 7

I don’t believe it’s the cable for a few reasons but I have now tried a second splitter with the same results. After cycling the cable box on/off, it seemed to reach the second step (TV said ‘almost there’ when switching to correct source instead of the error I listed in original post) but lost signal again.
0 Kudos
Jason7613
Level 7

So I had this on order just for the hell of it to see if it would correct any issues - hooked it up and still same issue. OREI HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Two Outputs)
0 Kudos