Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeloG
Reel Rookie

Roku TV added Roku Streambar now no live tv input

Have a TCL Roku TV which has always had live TV icon. Just added the Roku Streambar and now no tv input option in settings or tv icon? Where do I go from here to get live tv via antenna?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV added Roku Streambar now no live tv input

Stop using the roku streambar remote, if you press any key on it including the tv power key it will send you to the sreambar home screen instead of the roku tv's home screen. Get the roku tv remote and press the Home key it will take you back to Roku tv home screen and the input tiles. You should have the streambar connected to the roku tv's arc hdmi input, and not use the optical cable. Also refresh the cec devices in the tv settings. 

settings> system> controilling other devices (CEC)> update cec devices> 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MeloG
Reel Rookie

Thank you Edmond. Then why even get the Roku Streambar? We already had an additional soundbar. It sounds since Roku TV is suppose to update its software when turned on there would be no benefit since cannot use the voice activated remote or any other Streambar remote features. Am I right?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@MeloG wrote:

Thank you Edmond. Then why even get the Roku Streambar? We already had an additional soundbar. It sounds since Roku TV is suppose to update its software when turned on there would be no benefit since cannot use the voice activated remote or any other Streambar remote features. Am I right?

You can add a Voice Remote to a Roku TV; I did to mine. If the Roku TV is recent enough, I'm pretty sure it will work with the Voice Remote voice part (I don't care about voice control, I just like the point anywhere functionality).

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Shanana
Reel Rookie

I just added a Streambar to my TCL TV and only used the TV remote for the process. I still ended up with no Live TV input (because all I see is the user interface for the Streambar). How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
renojim

Try pressing Home on the TV remote.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shanana
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. The issue is resolved - but I still don't know entirely why things went wrong in the first place.

I factory reset the Streambar and went through the set up process again using the Roku TV remote. Some of the initial steps that I'd gone through before were no longer necessary (e.g. entering the wi-fii password). And the step that I'm guessing made things go south the first time - asking me to pair the TV remote to the Streambar - did not appear.

So after set-up I remained in the TV's Roku UI and the Streambar was not visible as a device option, as it had been before. But everything was working: the Home key worked and showed Live TV an input option, and of course sound was coming from the Streambar.

0 Kudos