Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drifter82
Binge Watcher

Roku Streaming Stick + will not set up after step 4....create acct.

Need help please. Connected Streaming Stick =  as instructed in set up video but would not get past step 4 set up acct. Then tried using USB port on TV instead of  power out let.  Same problem. Remote is paired correctly with green light indication. Stick has white light indicated. Went through whole procedure twice. Already have an acct set up previously but directions on screen just will not get past Step 4. Powered everything down, waited and had coffee, started everything back up and can not even get Roku to come up now. Any help/guidance would be appreciated.     Peter

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
tlbritton
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + will not set up after step 4....create acct.

Same here and absolutely no help from support team.  They say the device is defective and will send a new Roku in 3-5 days.  Absolutely useless support

0 Kudos
drifter82
Binge Watcher

Have you received your new raku device yet ? where do I go from here to have Support send me a new device ? Forgive my lack of computer skills, I am in my 80's and obviously not a geek.    Peter

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@drifter82 @tlbritton 

Thanks for the posts.

If you already have Roku account, during the setup process of your device you should simply be able to link the device to your Roku account.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide screenshots of what you are seeing when this issue occurs?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tlbritton
Reel Rookie

I get to step 4 just like the guy above said and it stops at the point of asking do you want to set up or do you have an account, and has me enter my email address...sends me an email as though I am not registered with Roku, which I am....does this over and over and will not go beyond this step...just like the gentleman above indicated.  I asked that a supervisor call me b/c of the difficulty and seemingly less than enthusiastic help I was receiving with your staff online, and I was told this would happen and no phone call was received.  

0 Kudos
tlbritton
Reel Rookie

No I have not, this just happened yesterday, they said 3-5 business days.  I am not sure why, I purchased it on Amazon with prime and received it in a day????

Best of luck.  You have to email them through their system, but the help is less than enthusiastic

0 Kudos
drifter82
Binge Watcher

Hello Danny,

Sorry for late reply. Do not know how to take a screenshot of the TV. Need some guidance for that please.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
drifter82
Binge Watcher

Hi tlbritton,

Thanks for the follow up.

Regards
Peter

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@drifter82

Thanks for the follow up.

To provide us with a screenshot, you would need to take a photo of your TV when the issue occurs and upload it to the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tlbritton

Thanks for the posts.

Can you as well be more clarification of the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide screenshots of the issue you are seeing?

For clarification, during the setup process, the device should ask you if you already have a Roku account that you can link the device to. In addition, during the activation process, it may request your email address to send an activation link. Please be aware that these are all normal steps during the setup process of the Roku device.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos