Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Douglas3
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

Trying to use Roku model 3900x, serial number E63824846116 on a Sony Bravia tv model number KDL-26S2010. Blue light on Roku flashes, nothing on screen. Connected to hdmi port on tv.

I was using this on my Panasonic tv, it worked perfectly, I updated to a Roku Premiere and want to use the old one on my Sony tv.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Douglas3

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend following the suggestions below and see if that will resolve the issue. 

1. The video cable is not connected properly or the cable is faulty
    • Check that the video cable is firmly connected to the back of your Roku player and to the HDMI or composite connector on the TV. 
    • If you can, check to see if you have a faulty cable by connecting your Roku player with a different cable.
  2. There is a problem with the TV
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different input on the TV to see if the problem is with a connector on the TV.
    • If you can, try connecting the Roku player to a different television to see if the problem is with your Roku player or the TV.
  3. If all else fails…
    • Disconnect and reconnect all cables including the power cable.

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Douglas3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

The first thing I tried was a new HDMI cable and immediately everything worked perfectly. Amazing!!

Very many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Douglas

0 Kudos
Douglas3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I replaced the HDMI cable as suggested and everything worked perfectly.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Douglas.

0 Kudos
jaywokr88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue with a brand new Roku stick.  I tried everything.   

I started all over with setup however I unplugged it from a power strip and plugged it directly into a wall socket.  It worked!  I went through set-up (holding my breath)  I don't know if that was the fix but after all of the useless troubleshooting so many of us have gone through--it's worth a try considering roku has not (in my searching for an answer) given one resolution to this unacceptable product flaw.  

0 Kudos
jaywokr88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not quite sure what I am doing but I am unsure how to post information about my  stick and no signal problems.   

Well, just a quick note.  

After trying the same old NON fix-it ideas I unplugged the entire unit from the POWER STRIP.  I figured I would just start all over again-- ONE MORE TIME and box it and ship it back.  

Instead of using the power strip I plugged it directly into the wall socket and started it all up again.  

That was when everything that SHOULD have happened the first 20 times finally happened.  So I went through the set-up, remote pairing, you know the deal  holding my breath waiting for it to just "no signal me again" but it worked.  I am happy not to have to deal with that mess any longer and mom is happy with her new ROKU!  

Good luck guys.  If nothing works -- don't drive yourself crazy -- send it back!  

A side note:  I did check out ordering the unit from ROKU but did not complete my order.  I closed out the internet web site and that was that.  So I thought.  ROKU took it upon themselves to go ahead and order it w/o my authorization so I received a 2nd unit. 

Well, here we go again, another issue to deal with -- uh, with no customer service!  This should be interesting!  

cya lata  

k

0 Kudos
drfell2021

Jump to solution

I tried everything too; then discovered that the HDMI cable that was connected to the TV had come out of the Roku box. It's taken me three days to find this out!!!

0 Kudos
millcreeker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
RokuDanny:  Will gladly send the info you request, but can't figure out how to PM you. There was no "contact me" button/link when I clicked on your name/profile.  

I did everything the OP did -- changed ports, unplugged all, changed batts, etc.  This is first time I have not been able to get a signal at all!  Frustrated that PMing is necessary rather than posting the solution, but maybe I'm missing something. 

Worked ok and used it for a couple of months then circumstances required I watch in another room. Cannot try the streaming stick on that TV. 

Any help deeply appreciated. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@millcreeker 

When you viewed the profile, there wasn't a "send this user a private message" button on the right?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
millcreeker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

nope. someone had posted a picture of what it would look like but there was no button or link or anything for sending a private message. I'm not wed to help coming from him but his was the only name that had offered to help. I welcome any suggestions. 

0 Kudos