Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alimb
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal after first time use. please help

Jump to solution

I too am having problems.  I was able to use the device 1 time and then no go.  I get no signal message.  I have the Roku Express 4K+ 

SN #S07P2180A730

MODEL: 3941X

I have a Samsung TV, model number UN43JU640DF.  It did not work with our SONY either

and I have no idea what at AVR is.

Thanks,

Andrea 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @alimb,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alimb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes there is a light showing.  It is powered into the wall.  I tried different HDMI, different cable and different TV

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @alimb,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjharris70

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I'm getting this same issue.  It was setup and working fine for about 2 months.  Now it stopped working on that TV.  I've tried different ports on the same TV.  I've also tried 2 other TVs and all of their ports.  I've tried plugging the USB into the TV and using the adapter to plug into the wall.  Nothing is working at all and I just bought this stick a couple of months ago.

SN# 21315H737641  and Model 3810X

What do I try next?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jjharris70jjharris70,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jado
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I totally agree with your comment! I have the exact same issue, and from the looks of this thread so do hundreds of other people. I yet to find an answer to the problem. Will probably be returning my unit ASAP. Another unsatisfied customer!Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jado,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are receiving an error message of "No signal".

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with no signal?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leilaj

Jump to solution

I’m going to reply to this as well because I cannot get this to connect to a certain TV.

I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K+, which does work — I tried it on another tv. However, it refuses to connect to my older Vizio TV, which seems to be a common issue. Is it just too new for the TV? I just want a concrete answer to know if it’s fixable or not.

I’ve reset the TV, HDMI ports, etc, and again the Roku does work, but refuses to connect to the Vizio TV, even with a Roku HDMI extender. The TV is pretty old, so does it just not work? Any other advice? The TV seems to recognize that I have a Roku, but I’m met with no signal every time. Anything helps.

0 Kudos
jado
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I should have followed up with stream sooner. In my case the problem did turn out to be my fault...I hate to admit...:) I started out with a low wi-fi signal and started playing musical Roku players around the house. We also have two older models. Somewhere along the way I had switched the Roku supplied power supply with another one that I had. The power supply was on, the Roku was showing a power light but the TV was showing no signal. Over the course of two days and checking things 10 times I finally stumbled across the original power supply. While both were the standard USB type the Roku model was rated slightly higher than the other, not sure of the exact amp rating. Bingo, that solved my problem, the unit is now working fine. I hope this helps someone out there.

PS: I was also installing this on an older model Vizio TV, where I had to use the HDMI extender in order to connect the streaming stick. 

0 Kudos