Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirtpro06
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

Same here. I’ve tried calling, dming employees here and messaging the Roku fb page with no replies. I’m about to toss this thing and get a fire stick.

0 Kudos
ciaranh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

just ordered a Fire Stick - done with Roku

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Couple of things to mention:

-how are you powering the Roku device? is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

-have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

-have you tried requesting a free HDMI extender through our Support page here to see if the helps the issue you are seeing?

-can you provide the brand and model of the TV that you are experiencing this issue with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ciaranh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

my problem may be solved - and apologies it appears that its not Roku's fault.

My stick worked on another TV so I went back to my original LG CX OLED TV and plugged it directly into the side of a free HDMI port and it is working. Previously the stick had been connected via a KINVO HDMI switcher thru an in wall cable - this configuration has worked since I got the device but recently started giving me a blank screen and No Signal message. The BT TV box I have connected via the same switcher was working fine, but the new Fire TV stick also produced a blank screen and no signal.

So the culprit appears to be the HDMI switch so I have now removed it from the signal path. Its interesting though that this only started recently (around the time of 10.5.0 update) and doesnt affect the BT box - maybe it is HDCP related?

anyway I have returned to Roku and will happily eat my words

0 Kudos
tootzie

Re: No signal on my TV will not activate

Jump to solution

Tried everything.  

Roku Express model 3930X

SN S009316YX192

Oliva TV 237-S12

No Audio just HDMI in the back of TV.  Two of them.  neighter work

Please help, or this gets returned.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No signal on my TV will not activate

Jump to solution

@tootzie, do you have another device like a Blu-ray player you can try on that TV?  Have you ever connected anything to it?  Do you have another TV you can try the Express on?  Does the light on the Express come on when you connect the power?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StaceLG
Reel Rookie

Re: No signal - who can I contact?

Jump to solution

I’m having the same “no signal” issue. Your PM option is turned off. Is there someone else I can PM to get this resolved? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @StaceLG

We're here to help!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StaceLG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My apologies for the lack of information. I had already read through the forums, tried multiple things suggested and found the “solution” that said to PM someone when none of those worked.

Several months ago I received an LGUH6030 and bought a Roku premier model3920X to go with it. It worked fine for six months and then the picture started to flicker. I switched HDMI ports and it worked fine after that until a couple of days ago when it cut out in the middle of a program with a “no signal” message. 

I have powered down the TV and the Roku, switched ports, tried a different picture setting, checked for updates, and tried it on another TV. It works fine on another TV. Two of the HDMI ports show “no signal” and the third shows the Roku but it flickers constantly.

The Roku is plugged into a wall outlet and I have ordered the HDMI extender as instructed. For what reason, I don’t know, but I did it.

What are my next steps?

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@StaceLG

Appreciate the details. 

It seems like you still haven't tried using a different HDMI cable. If so, we recommend giving that a shot. 

Moreover, you've mentioned that your Roku device worked when you connected it to another TV. If that's the case, the issue might have something to do with your LG television. We suggest contacting the TV manufacturer to report the issue and get help.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos