Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrickZoo

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

Same issue here for my 87 yo father-in-law who lives 1000 miles away.  He has an older TV.  We replaced his last Roku Streaming Stick due to "issues" just out of an abundance of caution in October after his wife died.  It worked great for a few months and then suddenly, a few days ago, he gets the No Signal black screen.  He has unplugged, reset, changed HDMI cords and no change.  He said that he has a blue light coming from the Roku Stick.  I have sent him the link to get an extender.  A new TV is not an option. 

We have his old Roku Stick which works fine. It was just having issues from his TV.  Is this is an older TV issue?  If so, that should be advertised clearly on the packaging.  To be a new widow and in quarantine from the Omicron variant spread is NOT a good time to have this occur.  Very frustrated as well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BrickZoo

Thanks for the post.

Please keep us posted if your father-in-law is still experiencing an issue with the HDMI extender.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
desquivel80
Reel Rookie

Not Compatible with this signal, keeps restarting

Jump to solution

Hello. I am having the same issues. here is the request info. Model 3800X-Roku streaming Stick

Device IDCT3890388533

using a Sharp TVAquos, Model LC-32D47UA

0 Kudos

NO SIGNAL!, NO HELP!, GOING PUBLIC!

Jump to solution

Okay so clearly we're all having the same issue, so it's clear that ROKU is having some major issues!. I find it strange that each time i attempt to contact customer service they sent me directly to the roku community!. It's crazy that we as customers don't even have the proper access to useful customer service!!!. My roku suddenly stopped working, saying not connected and here i am thinking it's my internet, or that maybe it was time for a new roku. I go out to buy another one today as a matter of fact get home and still the same BS!!. Clearly chatting in the roku community is getting no where, and i think it's time this issue become a public issue beyond just the roku community!. So far all you have managed to do is give obvious yet pointless assistance with no results. If what you have to say isn't you admitting that RoKu is the blame for this mishap, along with me being fully refunded for every subscription that I'm currently subscribed too, as well as a refund for both roku devices that I currently hold in my possession, followed by the contact information that i need to speak with someone who can actually resolve this issue and/or process my refund request. It's more than safe to say that, i can think of a few places definitely one in particular, for you to shove your failed attempt to assist. RESPECTFULLY OF COURSE!!!!.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.

i have 4 TV’s

my first 3 TV’S the setup went great!

my 4th and last setup says : no signal

i have tried replugging re everything

still not working!

can anyone help!

no generic emails either Tx u!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You say you have four devices and four TVs.  Did you try the problem device on one of the other TVs?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: NO SIGNAL!, NO HELP!, GOING PUBLIC!

Jump to solution

@desquivel80 @Mad_As_HeLLo

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the Roku device? Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
desquivel80
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done all the troubleshooting I can do that has been suggested through the internet and this forum and your post. Tried different ports and TV's and still no resolution. I am using the original power source and also tried another power source and still no resolution. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @desquivel80,

Thanks for following up regarding your Roku 3800x with "no signal" issue.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
KJT01

Jump to solution

After 4 years of no problems with my Roku stick, I am now receiving "No Signal" no a black screen. Tried everything. Additionally the remote does not switch from the antenna TV to the HDMI / Roku stick as it did. What happened? I have a steady green light on the stick 

0 Kudos