Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmck

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I have a roku Express 4K+ that has worked fine for 2 months then started getting a "no signal" message when turning on the TV. When I try to select the HDMI input on the TV, it is Greyed out and will not connect. The only solution I have found so far is to unplug the power coed from the Roku device and plug back in every time I want to watch TV.

I have tried using different cables. I have tried moving the device to another TV. I have done a factory reset of the Roku device. I have tried using a different HDMI port. All attempts result in "no Signal" until I disconnect and reconnect the power cable. 

there are 27 pages of postings on this issue. Is there a solution???

dirtpro06
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, I sent you a message and have not received a reply. Please message me. I am having the same problem as the OP.

0 Kudos
R161

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Tried everything. Has worked perfectly for years and now the tv does not see my Roku device. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@R161, if it's worked perfectly for "years" then it's possible that something has failed.  Electronics tend to do that eventually.  If you have a Roku device that's powered via a USB cable and you're using the TV's USB port, try the supplied power adapter or another USB power adapter you may have lying around.  Try another TV, another HDMI cable, or another HDMI input on your TV.  If all that fails then it may just be time to get a new Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wisey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes it is very possible, I've tried all the recommendations / troubleshooting steps you've mentioned and then some, I came here to find if there were any other steps that I haven't taken or if this was (being 27+ pages long issue) a known issue with a known solution/fix. I see a lot of people sending in serial numbers and info but haven't seen any solutions or fixes. If these steps are all that's left to be done then maybe it has failed, not sure yet if its time to buy a new one though.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Wisey, I forgot to point out - does it show any signs of life?  When you connect the power a light should come on on the front.  I think sticks have a light as well, but I don't have one handy to try.

0 Kudos
Wisey
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes light is on, think blueish color, it appears to be getting power ok.

0 Kudos
ciaranh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue - just started a few weeks ago - have emailed support - prime suspect is 10.5

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Wisey  and @ciaranh , if you press the reset button on the Roku device (which may require a paperclip) after everything is powered up does the Roku startup animation ever show on the screen?  How about if you unplug the power and the HDMI connections from the Roku device, turn on the TV and wait for it to power up, and then and plug everything back in?  Do you have another TV you can try it on?  I'm trying to cover all the bases.  As a last resort you can try a factory reset:

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

0 Kudos
ciaranh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thanks for the response

here is what I have tried

1. Reset by unplugging power cable - the Roku logo appears on replug but is quickly followed by a blank screen and no signal message

2. Unplug and replug all cables does not fix anything - still no signal

3. Factory reset using hardware button on stick will restore video signal but a few days after I set the stick up again I get a blank screen and no signal message. I have done factory reset 4 times now.

0 Kudos