Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

@millcreeker 

The PM was so that your info sent, such as serial number, etc, wouldn't be posted publicly. Roku folks will ask for that sometimes in order to help determine if there is an issue with certain batches or groups of devices, so they can determine if there is something in common.

I do wish I had a suggestion for you. My Streaming Stick+ works fine.

The "no signal" indicator could mean the HDMI port is bad, that the Stick power is insufficient (some use the USB port on the TV rather than the included power supply; sometimes the TV USB port is insufficient power), or that the Stick is bad. Sometimes it even means the Roku is plugged into one HDMI port but the TV is selected to a different, empty port.

Ensuring the power is from the power supply covers that. Using a different HDMI port should take care of that. Verifying the HDMI port against the selected input handles that. Verifyng there is a light on the Stick would verify that it is at least powering on. And, of course, moving the Roku to a different TV confirms if the TV HDMI port is bad.

But, apart from those things, I got nothing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@millcreeker

Thanks for the posts.

I have responded to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem. I have a brand new Streaking Stick+. I was able to connect it to my LG HU70LA projector. A setup screen came up and connected to my wifi. And then, it conked out. I get a no signal screen. The menu won’t come up. I tried other HDMI ports. I plugged the USB power to first, the projector, and then, tried an external source. Nothing. This Roku device is not being recognized. No signal. I have no idea what is wrong. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@FarnsworthPhilo wrote:

Same problem. I have a brand new Streaking Stick+. I was able to connect it to my LG HU70LA projector. A setup screen came up and connected to my wifi. And then, it conked out. I get a no signal screen. The menu won’t come up. I tried other HDMI ports. I plugged the USB power to first, the projector, and then, tried an external source. Nothing. This Roku device is not being recognized. No signal. I have no idea what is wrong. 

Does the stick work on another device, such as a standard TV? Trying to determine if it's the Roku, or the projector. If the stick works on a TV, then that points to something wrong with the projector. If it doesn't work, it could be the stick is simply bad out of the box and should be returned/replaced under warranty.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
m4ace
Reel Rookie

Re: Light's on Nobody home - No signal - Roku Streaming Stick Model 3810X

Jump to solution

I am have the same issue with no signal on my Roku Streaming Stick, Model is 3810X, SN 2130AF382446 I have tried this on 4 different devices, a projector, 2 TVs and a portable monitor, it is plugged into a  Roku USB adapter which has been plugged into 4 different plugs.  The light is on the stick, but no signal.  "Light's on, nobody's home"

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @m4ace

We're here to help!

Most of the time, the 'No signal' message pops up on your TV when the input (sometimes referred to as source) doesn't match where your Roku player is connected.

You can also try using a different HDMI cable and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
m4ace
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is only one HDMI port on the projector and portable monitor,  and I verified it was the correct HDMI on the TV, can't use different HDMI cable with the streaming stick because it has the HDMI on the end so I plugged the streaming stick directly in the HDMI on the devices.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Appreciate the details, @m4ace

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
m4ace
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have received steps to troubleshoot my issue from support, but none of them work, like check the HDMI input, or make sure it is on.  When you try it on 4 devices and two of those devices only have one HDMI port, the issue is with the Streaming stick, it is faulty and needs to be replaced, I would like to get a replacement.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@m4ace 

Thanks for the update.

Since you are now in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing. They would best be able to assist you moving forward.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos