Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

@Erna 

Thanks for the post.

There is no need to click "Component" input as the Roku device is plugged into the HDMI port. Can you please provide us the information that I requested in my previous post?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku turns on, then 5 seconds later shows no signal

Jump to solution

@Billy7 

Thanks for the post.

Is the light on the Roku device? Have you tried plugging the Roku device into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter to see if that resolves the issue? The TV sometimes may not be enough to power the Roku device.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Liskelore

Won’t connect to TV

Jump to solution

Brand new out of the box Roku 4. It won’t connect to the TV. It has the power light ON. TV is on the correct HDMI input. HDMI cable works (I trouble shot it with a XBOX). I tried a different TV. Same thing. I live in Saipan. Can not just go and exchange it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Won’t connect to TV

Jump to solution

@Liskelore 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bananapc

Re: Connected but TV says "no signal." Help? 3920x

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with my premier. My other roku on a different device is working great. Help!  What advice did Roku offer?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connected but TV says "no signal." Help? 3920x

Jump to solution

@Bananapc 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Is there a light on the Roku device? Have you tried plugging the Roku device into another HDMI port on the TV as well as trying to switch out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tv63
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on Roku Streaming + and LG OLED TV. If you unplug the stick and plug it back in, the home screen shows. It is clearly some sort of race condition or sync situation. Any solution to this long standing problem? No one seems to have resolved it yet?

0 Kudos

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Roku express model# 3930x. Serial number # 55009306k8fty.   Tv model zenith model z52dc2d

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Brandgiv803 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Is there a light on the Roku device? Have you tried plugging the Roku device into another HDMI port on the TV as well as trying to switch out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tv63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1. The problem of no signal is intermittent.

2. The boot up screen with the Roku dancing logo always works. It is after boot up the screen goes blank with the no signal message. This is some sync issue because if you unplug the device and plug it back into the hdmi slot, it cones into the hone screen. So the Roku is putting out the signal but the TV does not detect.

3. it can boot up correctly 10 times in a row and go into the blank no signal screen for the next dozen attempts.

4. powered from USB port

I have not seen a single comment say that your suggestions have helped. So I have not attempted powering from the wall. It feels like you are just trying to brush away a genuine problem with Roku with stock answers.

0 Kudos