Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setup Issue: Roku not visible in any HDMI ports

Jump to solution

@EagleEye 

Thanks for the information.

Have you tried plugging the device into another HDMI port on the TV? What type TV and model are you connecting the device to?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku with the above information requested. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MoH10

Jump to solution

I’m having a similar issue. My Roku stick is powered via USB through my Samsung TV. The Roku has worked fine for the past couple of years, but for some reason it will not register and show up on the tv screen anymore. Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MoH10 

Thanks for the post.

We would try powering the device through the wall outlet with the provided cable and adapter. We would also recommend trying to use another HDMI port on your TV to see if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
manze

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

Try this fix by netflix.  It works but  you may need to repeat each time you lose the signal. It drove me nuts for days, but have a backup TV with cable line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh96vB3cyhs

0 Kudos
Oilmandes1

Jump to solution

Well, I guess I have the same problem as everyone else. You’d think you guys would post a walk through or something to address the issue. 
so I did all the things everyone else has done and no answers. Please send me message to help. Me. 
[personal information removed]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was never able to get the new ROKU to work on a Vizio TV that is about 7-8 years old.  It had an old ROKU on it that worked perfectly, but I wanted to upgrade it so I could view Spotify and You Tube on the TV, which the older ROKU did not support.  Long story short.  The new ROKU is simply incompatible with my Vizio TV.   I, also, tried EVERYTHING and still got “no signal”.   I gave the new one to a friend who gave me her 3-4 year old ROKU that works perfect with the Vizio and I can now stream Spotify and You Tube along with all the other great content on the Vizio.  ROKU should not state that their new devices work with any TV that has an HDMI port because obviously that is not the case. 

Oilmandes1

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, my tv is 4to5 yrs old as my Roku. So I’m not sure what to think.  It shouldn’t be this hard

again thanks for reply so quickly 

0 Kudos
RSZ

ROKU Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried All Possible Solutions

Jump to solution

Have 4 and 2 year old Sony televisions and get a "No Signal" on both. Have strong WI-FI signals and have tried all 4 HDMI ports and USB and AC power combinations and get the same result. Your help finding a solution would be greatly appreciated as I would like to become an active ROHU user. My ROKU Streaming Stick + Device ID is C13819555052; SKU # 3810R; LOT # 2189026627.

0 Kudos
Anime87

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Stick has been working fine for last 60 days. Had to unplug it for a day or two. Went back to plug it in and now wont show up in any of tv's hdmi ports. Tried unplugging everything and reinstalling, no go. Tried plugging in to another tv, still getting "no signal". This after one of the channels i like "Fit at any Age" stopped working. Any connection? Is this a Roku systems issue?

No signal

Jump to solution

At a vacation home, trying to connect Roku Express (little box with HDMI cable and power cord), all I’m getting is no signal. I’ve tried every input and every port and nothing is working. Just flashes no signal. When I first connect it, the no signal stops for a second as if to search for a new connection, then back to no signal. The blue light on the roku box was flashing, but we disconnected the power cord from the box as well as outlet, then reconnected, now the light is solid blue, but still no signal. We’ve disconnected HDMI cord and reconnected several times. That’s not helping. I’ve also turned the tv off then turned it on using the home button on the roku remote, that turns the tv on and automatically tunes it to the right HDMI, still just says no signal though. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos