Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Streaming Stick Unresponsive

Jump to solution

I ended up changing my router and forgot to disable the old one on my device. Now I can't connect to it using my app like i normally would. I don't have a remote to the streaming stick, as i use it for my other TV upstairs. What should i do? Without a remote or the old router ain't I out of luck? HELP PLEASE thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Unresponsive

Jump to solution

With the stick plugged in and tuned to on the tv, start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, close by the stick, it should put up screen saying its searching for remote, after a bit release and let it finish pairing. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

If you have a remote, just pair it with the stick and complete the setup for the new router.  Then you can go back to using the app and move the remote back to the other stick.  Barring that, you can setup you new router (SSID and password) exactly like your old router and the stick should connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How do you do this exactly?

Pair the remote to the stick when its paired to a roku TV already? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

With the stick plugged in and tuned to on the tv, start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, close by the stick, it should put up screen saying its searching for remote, after a bit release and let it finish pairing. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Bruuhhhhhh

Your a life saver

Wish I could hug you right now thanks man!

0 Kudos