Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) Blinking/Flashing Light, won't boot up

My 2 year old Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) - HD Streaming Player with Quad-Core Processor just started flashing it's light and won't reboot. When I turn on my TV to the input set for the Roku - Roku splash screen just keeps showing and flashing. I rebooted my router.

What else can I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Streaming Stick (3600R) Blinking/Flashing Light, won't boot up

While you might have purchased your 3600 within the last two years, it's actually a four year old device, released in Apr 2016. Not ancient, but not state of the art, either. Smiley Happy

From your description, it sounds like the boot loader has been corrupted. I don't think anything short of a factory reset will bring it back. Somewhere on the Stick is a small hole that has a recessed button. Use a pin or other small wire to press and hold the button for a minimum of 30 seconds. Not one second less. This resets the Stick to fresh out of the box condition, and you have to set it up again as a new device. You must have your Roku remote available to do this, as you can't connect the app to the Roku until it's joined to the network, and the Roku remote is the only way to do that.

Assuming the reset works, you should now be able to reactivate the Stick with your Roku account. Make sure you don't end up on a scammer's web site to authenticate. Don't accept a browser "suggestion" for the web site, but type it in exactly as shown on the screen.

If that doesn't work, then unfortunately your Stick has a more serious failure, and it's time for a replacement. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos