Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeytrom
Level 7

Roku Stick won't fit into LG TV

The stick will not fit and the extender from Roku will not fit either.  My LG TV has only one HDMI port.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Stick won't fit into LG TV

Sounds like you need a different extender.. Also sounds like poor design by LG.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

"joeytrom" wrote:
The stick will not fit and the extender from Roku will not fit either.  My LG TV has only one HDMI port.

What model LG do you have?
0 Kudos
joeytrom
Level 7

"Heyitsrick" wrote:
"joeytrom" wrote:

What model LG do you have?

22LF4520 is the model number.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

I'm assuming your extender cable has a right angle to the connection to your TV.. you might need an extender with a straight connector, like this:

HDMI Cable,HDMI Extention Cable,LANMU Male to Female Extender Cable,High Speed HDMI Cable,HDMI Extension for Fire TV Stick,Roku Streaming Stick,Chromecast-12 Inch (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WGPT999/re ... FAb1JWTJJ3
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
joeytrom
Level 7

The port is too small for the Roku to fit.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

Are you sure you're not trying to plug it into the USB port?
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

Below is a pic of the back of your TV. The yellow arrow in the pic points to the HDMI port. I don't see any way an HDMI cable or device wouldn't fit into that port - it's a standard port. Keep in mind, too, that HDMI cable ends are not sized the same on the top and bottom. There's a beveled smaller side, as well as a wider side. 

Obviously the cable needs to be oriented correctly. Unless you've somehow broken the connecting end of the stick or the HDMI input on your TV, itself, it should fit fine. 

Since you say neither the stick nor the extender fits, then it would seem that you're either trying to plug it in at the wrong location or have somehow damaged the HDMI input port OR don't have the stick/cable oriented correctly. The straight/wide part of the HDMI metal needs to be facing UP and the beveled part needs to be facing down, as shown in the pic below.

0 Kudos
joeytrom
Level 7

I was trying to plug it in on the right side port (on the indentation- not shown).  The one the arrow points to is where my cable is plugged into.
Can I get a multiple hdmi port to attach to the tv?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

The other input  is for PC's ( computers) and yes, you can get an adaptor for the HDMI port 
0 Kudos