Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_name
Level 7

Roku SE Set Up Blank Screen

Hello, 

I bought a brand new roku se a month or 2 ago and finally got around to setting it up. I plugged it in and the roku loading screen with the dancing logo appeared but then I got a blank screen. I don’t think it’s low power because I don’t see the red light and it still powers on, I still went and got a wall adapter for power anyways which didn’t help. I can still hear the beeps when you click the buttons on the remote but the screen doesn’t change. 

I have tried different power/HDMI cables, factory reset with the button on the device, reset with the button sequence on the remote, different TVs. I haven’t been able to do any of the set up process because it goes right to a blank screen. 

Any help is appreciated thanks! 

9 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku SE Set Up Blank Screen

This sounds like it is sending the video in a format the tv can't display.

Do you have another tv you can try this on? If so, I suggest you try to set it up there. If you can get it working there, go to Settings > Display type and set it to the actual resolution of the first tv instead of the "auto" setting. When you get the countdown screen click on the "yes" option. Now move the Roku back to the first tv and see if the problem is solved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
user_name
Level 7

I have tried on 2 TVs and still nothing 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@user_name 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tyhese23
Level 7

Re: Roku Low Power Message

Hello Danny,

Help! I bought my Roku Premium 2 mos ago too and experiencing the exact same issue except my error message says to use a USB power adapter. I’ve only used the Roku power adapter which was working just fine until Thursday evening when the error message popped up. I’ve troubleshooted with no success. How can you support?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Low Power Message

@tyhese23 

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tyhese23
Level 7

Re: Roku Insufficient Power Message

Danny,

F2897138-C74D-4882-B7A4-1EF9D5B3C95D.jpeg

Hello, Thank you for your response. I’m new to Roku very disappointed to know that Roku has no live tech/customer support. I’ve read many of the inquires on this platform in hopes of finding a solution to my shared issue with the “insufficient power use power adapter” error message when I’m using all Roku equipment. I’ve troubleshooted but no success. I’m paying for TV streaming service and going on several days of no TV access. This is unacceptable.

Please see the attached per your request 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Insufficient Power Message

@tyhese23 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cece2021
Level 7

I have similar problem with my new Roku premiere. Can’t get pass the software updates. Never got to the “display type “ or “HDMI connection “ screen to get to the link code. Help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cece2021

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your Roku device. Then once your device has been updated and setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos