Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wshades
Reel Rookie

Roku SE HD to RCA composite connection

Jump to solution

Trying to set up this Roku SE HD to my Motorola TV (Model MS3650C129) with RCA connection. I use the same connection position that my DVD uses, removed those connections and an using a HDMI to RCA product https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N22LRGJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I set my TV on AUX like I can play a DVD but I get nothing from the Roku. The Roku light is blinking slow. But nothing else.

Am I doing something wrong? Any idea what may be the issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku SE HD to RCA composite connection

Jump to solution

A simple cable like that won't work.  You need an HDMI-to-RCA converter.   It will be a little box.  Just make sure it goes from HDMI to RCA and not the other way around.  Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Converter-Supports-Chromecast-DVD-Black/dp/B0732NF969/

Note that I have no experience with that particular one and these things can be finicky and/or give less than optimal results.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

A simple cable like that won't work.  You need an HDMI-to-RCA converter.   It will be a little box.  Just make sure it goes from HDMI to RCA and not the other way around.  Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Converter-Supports-Chromecast-DVD-Black/dp/B0732NF969/

Note that I have no experience with that particular one and these things can be finicky and/or give less than optimal results.

wshades
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am at a loss now. The TV operates correct. Broadcast TV and DVD source come thru fine. I purchased the above suggested HDMI to RCA converter and installed it. Initially it works but within a few mins, like 3, the picture scrambles or jeeters then stabilizes in only black and white. I thought the TV might be failing but I can go to broadcast and DVD without color or stability issue. Only when I use the converter. I checked the switch to make sure I was not on PAL.

Now what?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@wshades, did you try PAL?  I pulled out an old converter I got several years ago and the switch is labeled backwards.

0 Kudos