Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reese
Level 7

Roku Premiere, switched from HDMI to TV and can't switch back again

Hello, everyone. I installed Roku Premiere yesterday and it was working (Samsung TV with antenna, no cable hook-up), but after switching the Source to TV, I wasn’t able to switch back to HDMI later on.  So… disconnected/unplugged, waited, reconnected/replugged, but no luck after several tries. I'm repeatedly getting the same prompt: "This source is not connected. Please check connection again." Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premiere, switched from HDMI to TV and can't switch back again

@Reese 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you trying to change the input on your Samsung TV? Are you using the Samsung TV remote to change the input TV sources?

Please be aware that the Roku device remote does not have the ability to change a TV input sources.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Reese
Level 7

Danny, thanks so much for your reply.

I've been using the Samsung TV remote, which has a clearly labeled Source button right next to the Power button.  My Roku remote doesn't even have a Power button!  (It's an IR remote.)

If you can think of anything else that might be the cause of the problem, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you again.  Or from anyone else in the community!  I'm feeling somewhat discouraged.

Thanks again,

Reese

0 Kudos
Reese
Level 7

Hello again, Danny.

Wanted you to know that, for no particular reason, rather than trying the disconnect/unplug routine again, I decided to turn off the surge protector into which both the Roku and Samsung are plugged. 

After a while I turned the surge protector back on, turned on the TV, and was immediately able to switch from the TV back to HDMI. It makes no sense, but I'm relieved.

Thank you!

Reese

0 Kudos