Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianKelly
Level 7

Roku Premiere is dead. Not like previous "deads" in other posts. DEAD, dead.

Jump to solution

I have had a perfectly functioning Roku Premiere attached to a TV in my bedroom since March of 2020.

Starting yesterday, it died.  Some people say, "Roku is dead because I get a gray screen" or something.  That is not dead; that is only injured.

Mine is dead.  It has no light on the front at all, nothing happens when you unplug it and plug it back in, factory reset does nothing.  It is 100% deceased, showing no signs of life and no responsiveness.

I have tried different power cables and different power supplies and ruled these out as they worked fine with other devices.  I tried a factory reset with a paperclip, but that does nothing--literally nothing; no lights flicker or anything else that would imply it is at least receiving stimuli.  Nothing.

So, any suggestions (besides buy a new one, given it is less than a year old)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere is dead. Not like previous "deads" in other posts. DEAD, dead.

Jump to solution

I'd start here:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
renojim

Re: Roku Premiere is dead. Not like previous "deads" in other posts. DEAD, dead.

Jump to solution

I'd start here:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

PCakes572
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is dead too, back in February. It was barely used and died in less than a year. Was working one minute and then the screen just went black. Changed the batteries…tried different cables and power sources. What a piece of **bleep**! Not happy!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@PCakes572 

If less than a year old, should qualify for warranty replacement.  Click on the link provided by @renojim above in Solution.  Some people experience problems with their devices right out of the box, others have had devices for many years with no problems.  Unfortunately, sometimes just the luck of the draw with electronics.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insigna RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos