Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere Stopped Working

My roku premiere was working fine then all of a sudden it stopped working. The screen went black and we have not been able to pull up the roku screen. We know the problem is with the roku because our direct tv is connected to the same tv and the direct tv works fine. We have doubled checked the input source and it is on the correct channel, we have tried resetting it with a paperclip for 30 seconds, switching out the HDMI cord, switching out the batteries, unplugging and plugging the roku back in, and we even reset the internet and still nothing. When we do have it plugged in there is a white light that blinks quickly on the front of the roku. Can anyone please let me know how to fix this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Premiere Stopped Working

When you used the paperclip was it plugged into the power? To do a factory reset you have to have power, insert something into the pinhols for at 50 seconds for sure to reset. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere Stopped Working

Yes, we tried that and it did not work. We even tried switching the roku to a different Tv and it still didnt work.

0 Kudos