Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere Setup fails during Dancing Logo

I have tried to setup the Roku Premiere several times with resets, plugging and unplugging, changing HDMI ports, changing HDMI sources, reversing HDMI ends, etc., etc., and it always fails to go beyond the dancing Roku letters during which the screen just goes black.  I don't even get a chance to connect to our Roku account.  The failures always happen after it verifies the wi-fi connection.  We have a Roku Ultra that worked just fine with this particular older tv that we're now using on a newer tv. Why can't I get this Roku Ultra to work with the older tv?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Premiere Setup fails during Dancing Logo

Some of what youre saying is jumbled and doesnt make sense.

Are you having problems with a new Ultra or Premiere???

Anyway there are two types of resets. A soft and a hard.

The hard being a factory reset. You will have to find the reset button on whichever Model you have and hold it in a good 30 seconds. While its powered on and without any MicroSD memory in.

You'll be starting from scratch again.

Be patient sometimes it needs to go through its throes. And will finally come on.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Boogernose for your help.  

The problem is only with the Premiere (ref.: the Subject) which is newer than the Ultra.  I did the hard reset on the Premiere several times as you suggest, and I did a lot of other things that I found in my research in the community posts.  At this point I can't think of anything else to research for an answer.  I hope there's someone out there who can help because Roku doesn't stand behind this lower priced product option with tech support.  No chatting, no nothing.  If I can't find the answer in the community forum, I'm out of luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Maybe its a funky one and you can return it .

You should talk to one of the admins tomorrow.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos