Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keeks
Level 7

Roku Premier won’t boot up

Hello, 

I received my Roku premier for Christmas and watched from it last night for several hours without any issues and a couple of nights directly after receiving it with no issues.  Today it will not boot up.  I have changed the HDMI cable, port, and done several hard resets, as well as unplugged it and let it sit for 5-10 mins. 

On the screen I will see the rolling Roku 7 times, then the screen goes blank and then completely disconnects with no signal to my TV.  I’ve searched and tried all the solutions I’ve found to no avail.  Anyone else have another solution?  TIA

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premier won’t boot up

@Keeks 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SAE
Level 7

Re: Roku Premier Blank Screen During Set Up

During set up the ROKU pops up multiple times, however the screen then goes blank. If I click on my remote control I can hear it clicking. 

I set up for the first time today, it connected to my internet and then the screen went blank/black. My device is wired into the TV and the wall (Not USB to TV) So far I have numerous times:

-Unplugged and replugged the ROKU

-Reset my router

-Reset the Roku 

-Used a different HDMI port

and nothing seems to work. I can get the ROKU verbiage to pick up, and then nothing. What am I missing here? Please help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Blank Screen Suring Premier ROKU set up

The only other thing I could suggest is a different HDMI cable.  If you have another TV try it on that, although that's not really a solution.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premier Blank Screen During Set Up

@SAE 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos