Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Premier refuses to activate

Shows as activated on my account but won’t do anything on screen. I receive error code 001. I’ve tried relocating the device and different TVs without any luck. Also, I’ve done multiple factory resets. What are my options? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

Error Message: Unable to Connect to Roku Service

I am not able to successfully complete the final stage of the installation process for the Roku Streaming Stick +.  I receive the email link and go through the steps to set up the device.  I am able to successful set up a Roku account and my account says it has linked the streaming stick.  However, the set-up process has not completed on my TV.  I am getting the following error message while I am completing the steps to set-up the Roku account on my computer:  "Unable to Connect to Roku Service"  Please try connecting again in a minute.  For more help, visit:  go.roku.com/softwareupdate.  Error 001.  I am unable to complete the installation process due to this error message.

Can someone help me resolve this error message?  IMG_1333.JPG

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premier refuses to activate

@Fixitplease @ScottRK 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting steps regarding that error code, visit our Support page here: What should I do if my Roku® device is unable to update software?

Keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos