Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Not Responding to Remote

Bought 2 Roku Express to replace my old Roku 1 (which worked perfectly but could not get YouTube TV).  Both attach to Samsung tvs via HDMI.  The house has two different networks which is why I have two.  One of the new ones works perfectly; the other does not respond to any buttons pushed, in any direction.  

I have followed the turn off/pull the batteries, etc fix to no avail.

Both remotes work fine with the Roku Express that installed without problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Not Responding to Remote

@brooks508 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku Express uses an IR remote, it does not have anything to do with your network connectivity. Please make sure that the device is not hidden behind anything that would block the IR receiver on the device from getting the signals being sent from you remote. 

For more information and troubleshooting regarding IR remote connectivity, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, I am very aware that it uses an IR remote and have tried all of the tricks mentioned in various posts.  There is nothing between the remote and the Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Did you try switching the location of the roku? Putting the roku that's not working where the other worked and switching the internet too?

Edmund
0 Kudos