Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku IP address

Jump to solution

I bought a refurbished roku premier on Amazon a year ago. I am trying to manually set up my roku device on a different tv manually using the roku tv app. I cannot find my IP address!! I have the serial number but I need the IP address. I need help ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku IP address

Jump to solution

It doesn't have an IP address until it's connected to your network.  You need a physical remote to get it connected.  You can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku almost anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

It doesn't have an IP address until it's connected to your network.  You need a physical remote to get it connected.  You can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku almost anywhere.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lm10

Jump to solution

What if it was already  set up can't customer  support help you get it if your not at home.. trying to manually set it up for my son while I'm away so I can control the content and what not

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Lm10 wrote:

What if it was already  set up can't customer  support help you get it if your not at home.. trying to manually set it up for my son while I'm away so I can control the content and what not

[Edit: I misread what you wrote. My apologies.]

Regarding an attempt to control the content of a Roku, you can only do that insofar as what apps are loaded on the device. You can put a PIN so that apps cannot be added. You'd know what apps are available. Within each service you'd have to adjust settings. For instance, if you wanted to restrict Netflix to certain content, you'd have to do that at the Netflix account level in your Web browser.

Be aware that many of these apps with profiles make it easy to switch profiles, so even if you set up Netflix with restricted content, if another profile had unrestricted content, the user could easily switch to that profile.

There is no off-site control of a Roku device.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos