Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express+ skips set-up questions

Jump to solution

Just installed an brand new Express+ as the second Roku on my home network. It asked for my WiFi password and connected properly and then went through an update process. It then went straight to the ROKU Home screen and didn't ask for an email and didn't provide an activation code. Everything works I logged into Netflix, Prime etc. but it does not appear in my ROKU account. How can I get an activation code so I can link this new device to my account. I've tried factory resets and re-powering.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Express+ skips set-up questions

Jump to solution

If you're using the pinhole at the back of the express, it needs to be powered when factory resetting the roku, keep whatever you using to enter pinhole for at least 30 seconds or more.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Your saying even after a so called factory reset it still has someone else's channel line up? And you didn't get a link code? How are you resetting it?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

If you're using the pinhole at the back of the express, it needs to be powered when factory resetting the roku, keep whatever you using to enter pinhole for at least 30 seconds or more.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tivo-It didn't have someone elses' channel lineup, just the standard ROKU homepage. I was able to log in to and activate my Netflix, Amazon etc without activating the ROKU. I used the pinhole in the back of the express.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tivo-Holding the reset button about 45 seconds did the trick. Thanks a bunch and Happy New Year!

0 Kudos