Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express problem dorm/hotel option

I click on the option for Hotel or Dorm however once I am logged in on my phone it won’t show the pop up browser. I have even tried my Laptop. Help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express problem dorm/hotel option

@M_taylor00 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

If you are using the Hotel & Dorm feature, is your Roku device already activated? Can you please explain when you state you are logged in on your phone or your laptop?

For more information about how to use the Hotel & Dorm feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm trying to get the link so I can connect the Roku to my internet to my dorm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@haudrey203 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that you will only be able to use the Hotel & Dorm feature of the Roku device is your Roku has already been activated.

If you are having an issue retrieving a link code to activate your device, we would recommend trying to activate the device using an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to activate your device. Then once your device has been activated, you can use the Hotel & Dorm feature to connect to you dorm wireless network.

For more information about how to use the Hotel & Dorm feature, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos