Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lukenbark
Level 7

Roku Express plus not recognized by Samsung TV

I have a Samsung Smart TV model UN40C7000.  The Roku Express I had worked fine.  I had to upgrade to the Express plus due to Netflix compatibility.  I plugged the new unit into the same HDMI port and the TV does not recognize the plus at all.  I know the port is good as I just accessed the old Roku on prior to replacing it.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
dgrace
Level 11

Re: Roku Express plus not recognized by Samsung TV

Due to hdcp acknowledgement, you may need to unplug your tv from power, totally off, then back on. It may then see the new device. Good luck.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lukenbark
Level 7

Nope.  Have done this multiple times.  The Samsung is not recognizing the Roku device.  I have had this problem previously.  For some reason the Samsung doesn't always recognize devices.  HDMI ports are good, so is power.  Tried composite cables, still not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Did you try different hdmi cable?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lukenbark
Level 7

Yes.  Two different cables.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bass_NJ
Level 7

I have the exact same issue but with Roku Ultra. I was hoping this an easy fix because I much prefer the ease of the Roku remote for controlling the TV.

0 Kudos